Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Guilty Pleasure Wednesdays #1



Well, welcome to the last of the trifecta of recurring features I'll be playing with here at the Cigar. Guilty Pleasure Wednesdays was conceived in my head sort of as an homage for all the unhealthy, odd or just plain weird things that I enjoy. It'll be a stretch, I think to come up with one every week for a whole year- but that's my goal!--ed.

thisiswhyyourefat.com No, seriously- go type it in and then spend a good half-hour see-sawing back and forth between hunger and nausea. If you were looking for a reason why we have an obesity crisis in this country, the answer will be found between the folds of this website which features some ungodly culinary creations that are, apparently, real.

The picture above is as follows: Chocolate Bacon Pogo On A Stick-- Bacon wrapped in angel food cake, battered and deep fried, dipped in chocolate and served on a stick. If you just threw up a little in your mouth, that's cool- or if you thought that might actually be worth trying, that's even cooler. I guess that's what this whole website is about.

I personally enjoy perusing this website, just to see what crazy shit shows up on it next. In months past I would have never even considered making, much less eating any one of these concoctions, but after sampling not one- but two (on different occasions) deep fried Snickers Bars this summer, I begin to wonder if I might change my mind. There is something endearing about the lengths people will go to coat pretty much anything in batter and grease to make it, oddly enough, taste better. If you've never attempted a deep fried Snickers Bar- I can heartily recommend it. The frying process melts most of the chocolate, so your first mouthful is melted chocolate followed by the nougat, caramel and nuts.

It sits on your stomach like a lead bowling ball, but it's totally worth it- in small amounts, with the necessary fasting beforehand.

So I give a solid thumbs up to this website, with its gloriously mad creations-- it's just one of the many guilty pleasures that I have and continue to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment