Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2013 (13 Of Them)

13 For 2013... I'm not going to beat around the bush kids. I want to set myself realistic, achievable, concrete goals for the coming year. Here they are:

1. The usual: workout more, eat less, lose weight.

2. FINISH MY NOVEL. I'm closer than I was a year ago. This is the year it gets over the finish line- and I'm going to be happy with it. (BONUS: Get that collection of short stories beaten into shape and released too.)

3. Eat healthier. This may or may not involve purchasing and employing a juicer.

4. Learn how to play an instrument. (Thinking ukulele.)

5. Learn how to cook one new thing a month. (Meal, cupcake, whatever...)

6. Figure out where I'm going next, work-wise. (Apply for at least 2 adjunct teaching positions by May and have two more jobs in mind as well.)

7. I will give up caffeinated soda. Completely.

8. I will complete the ENTIRE Couch to 5K program. (I've started it like two times now and get bored by like week 4.)

9. I wanna get ripped. No idea why, really- only that I've never been ripped or toned in my life. Ever. And I think it would be nice to achieve that if only for a brief fleeting moment, so why not this year?

10. Figure out a new tattoo. And get it.

11. Start using Duolingo/Code Academy more to build my language skills and learn some coding. (Bonus: getting my 'Teach Yourself Hindi' Book out and working through that.)

12. Run a 5k. No point getting healthy unless you want to do something with it.

13. Go to work everyday I'm scheduled to work. (This is my safe resolution because I'm gonna do it anyway so if nothing else, I won't have a 100% failure rate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment