Sunday, February 12, 2012

Food Adventures #10: Misadventures in Frosting

OK. New goal for the whole cupcake adventure I seem to be on: get the frosting right.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not necessarily a fan of half a ton of frosting on top of a cupcake. I don't think the frosting should be in equal proportion to the cupcake itself- that, to me, risks overwhelming what could be a very delicious cupcake itself. But I would like to actually have my frosting work out, for once...

So, a couple of new piping bags are in order, I think. (Ace Hardware apparently sells them. Check!)

I think some more practice, especially glazing things is also in order. (See below for more details... as you can see, my attempt at a glaze didn't go so well. Well, I guess the things are actually glazed and all, they just don't look quite right, somehow. Not what I pictured.)





But overall, take 2 on Cherry Bourbon Chocolate Cupcakes went extremely well. (Plus, as an added bonus for Nurse Ratchet's birthday, I soaked some glacee cherries in whipped cream vodka and let 'em soak a couple of days before sinking them into the middle of the cupcakes. A delicious burst of boozey goodness resulted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment