Sunday, January 29, 2012

Food Adventures #7: Reese's Pieces Banana Bread

So this was actually my first kitchen disaster- and let me tell you, I rue the fact that I didn't snap a picture of just how bad this disaster was. For some reason, I completely forgot to check the middle with a knife/toothpick to see if it was all the way done, got excited and then attempted to pry it out and get it onto a plate... where it promptly fell apart in my hands.

Take 2:



As you can see was a lot more successful- it actually held together once I got it out of the pan and onto a plate and it tasted delish as well. A few notes: I found it to be very crumbly- which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing but it makes it sort of a bugger to slice. However, the outside was very nicely formed and crunchy and the addition of peanut butter as well as the Mini Reese's PB Cups added a nice burst of flavor (probably unhealthy flavor, to be honest about it- unhealthy but delicious) to the bread. Overall, I liked it- but I want to make a run at plain, straight up banana bread at some point and work on expanding my bread portfolio as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment