Sunday, October 17, 2010

Somewhere, Goldy Is Crying...

Looks like the University of Minnesota will be in the hunt for a new football coach after yet another dismal loss- this time to Purdue, leaving the Golden Gophers with a shiny new stadium that still has the new stadium smell on it and a 1-6 record thus far in the college football season. Word is that whomever is coaching the Gophers next season it won't be Tim Brewster.

I don't know why I've developed this mild soft spot for the Rodents of the North, but I have. I think it was a by-product of my years in the Medium White North and apparently all the maroon and gold rubbed off on me just a tiny bit. But there's also a real desire to see everyone in the Big 10 play up to their potential. I'm not for creating roadblocks for Iowa, of course- but Minnesota deserves to be more relevant than it is... I guess that's just some slightly misguided intra-conference solidarity on my part (Michigan and Ohio State are excepted from this warm fuzzy feeling of course) but I really hope they take their time and get it right if they do end up replacing Brewster...

No comments:

Post a Comment