Monday, March 29, 2010

Back In Mankato (Only For A Day, Though)



Well, the Missus and I rolled back into Mankato Sunday afternoon just in time for a murder.

Awesome.

But despite that, the trip went pretty well. I have (depending on two professors) a clear run at getting my APP wrapped up and turned in THIS semester- bureaucracy won't get in the way and if my advisor is OK with it, I'm hoping that the other two are as well.

And it was nice to see Mankato again, I have to admit. I still hold to the idea that we done right by moving back down to the I.C. There are more opportunities here and I think the Missus and I can get ourselves set, career-wise while working full time down here in a way that we wouldn't have been able to up there. In retrospect, given my struggles getting three professors to tell me my APP is good enough and thus to turn it in, I sometimes wonder if graduate school was the right choice.

But driving back through town with the Missus in tow, I realize that it was. I met her, after all! (Screw the damn degree- she is far better than any piece of paper I can get from any college in the world...) and there are so many crazy, wonderful memories that I'll always have of the place. Can I see myself living there again? Eh, probably not. But I think it'll always be fun to roll back through and enjoy the memories again.

No comments:

Post a Comment