Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not Too Bad

I went 3-2 in the School Board election last night- with incumbent Patti Fields keeping her seat and Cook, Swesey, Holescher and McGinness joining her. Phil Hemingway got within 86 votes of taking out Fields and I'm honestly not sure where Porter came in the pecking order, so I'm cautiously happy about this.

Like I mentioned: I'm not super up on the ins and outs of the District shenanigans, but if the Missus and I are here for the long haul, I'm going to have to start paying attention. And with fights looming about further redistricting and a potential 3rd High school, there's some important stuff coming down the pipe.

One thing I am wondering about though: I might volunteer to be a poll worker one of these days, because they could sure use some fresh blood, especially after last night. There was a super long line, chaos, confusion- and they didn't exactly tell you right off the bat that you had to fill out a voter declaration form before you got a ballot- which confused the heck out of a lot of people, including the Missus and I. They figured it out- but it did get me thinking about it. We'll have to see what comes of it- I think I work this November and I'm on my ten hour days for election day next year (super ick! Might have to take the next day off- I like to drink with my election returns, lol) but I think it's something worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment