Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Intrigued...

...by The Amazing Spider-Man Trailer.

I must admit when I heard they were 'rebooting' the series I thought it was a somewhat strange idea. I can understand if a franchise has been around forever and needs a fresh look (like Star Trek, for instance) but Spider-Man had 2 amazing, blockbuster breaking movies (that were also pretty good, to boot) and an unfortunate 3rd movie that I didn't really like all that much.

So why reboot at all? But now having seen the trailer, I'm cautiously open to the idea. It seems darker, less friendly, more willing to dig a little into the characters in question. About the only thing I hated about the trailer was the first-person shooter type sequence of him running across the roof doing his Spider-Man thing.

It looks strangely appealing. Now if only they can do something similar with The Fantastic Four...

No comments:

Post a Comment