Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stop With the Stupid Pills Already

Missouri Congressman Todd Akin, currently running against Senator McCaskill in good old Missouri was asked about his staunch opposition to abortion including no exception for rape victims and said the following:
“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Mr. Akin said of pregnancies from rape. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”
Predictably and deservedly a huge heaping of WTF (no, let's call it what it is 'what the fuck') landed on his head and a slow but steady crescendo of GOPers called for him to quit.

He didn't.

Iowa's own nutty Congressman (seems every state gets at least one) Steve King weighed in with the following gem:
King said he hasn't heard of instances in which young victims of statutory rape or incest become pregnant.
"Well I just haven't heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way, and I'd be open to discussion about that subject matter," King said.
I'd like new politicians. I'd like to get old school Roman on everybody's behind and do political service like some kind of hellish draft or jury duty- make it be a civic duty that nobody wants. Like going to the dentist. Anything has to be better if the best we can do are these two jackasses.

Yes they are jackasses by the way. Rape is rape. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who wants to argue about the magical rape fighting properties of the female uterus will find me entirely unsympathetic and oh by the way, is an enormous jackass.

These two idiots have me seriously wanting to send like a ten spot to their opponents for the first time ever. If it wasn't for the orgy of junk mail I would probably get for doing so I might have actually done so already. I don't have a lot of money to give but if the measley 10 bucks I scrape up can help get rid of idiots like these, it might actually be worth it.

(P.S. Stupid pills this week seem to be bipartisan and not confined to America either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment